Ok, so technically it’s February 1st. Don’t judge me lol. I wanted to do a recap of some of my favorite inspirational quotes from January. January is a time of new beginnings, people are coming up with resolutions (and maybe already breaking them).
This January feels particularly special to me because it marks our one year anniversary of moving to the Pacific Northwest, and also I decided to leap in and start this blog! I feel like there were so many things to celebrate.
I’m completely smitten over quotes, I can’t lie. There’s something about a good quote that just makes my day. Anyone else feel that way?
So, without further adieu, here are my top 10 favorite inspirational quotes from January (in no particular order).
- “When we deny the story, it defines us. When we own the story, we can write a brave new ending.” – Brene Brown
- “May you never forget how far you’ve come and the miles it took to get to this place.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
- “So plant your own gardens and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.” – Jorge Luis Borges
- “Be unapologetic of who you are.” – Dan Howell
- “In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.” – Andrea Dykstra
- “If chaos is a work of art, then my heart is a masterpiece.” – D. Antionette Foy
- “We are often more frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Strive not to get more done, but to have less to do.” – Francine Jay
- “Once she stopped rushing through life, she was amazed how much more life she had time for.” – Unknown
- “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” – Unknown
What’s your favorite inspirational quote you’ve found this year?