I probably should have thought about my 2019 goals in December, you know, before 2019 started, but I find the holiday season to be really busy and I didn’t spend a lot of time reflecting until after the new year started.
If you missed it, I just celebrated my one year blogaversary! It’s been a big year of learning as I navigate getting back into the world of book reviewing and blogging.
My word for 2019 is Grow, and I feel like it really fits for all the growing I plan to do this year, both in my personal life and in my blogging life.
2019 Goals: Books
- I’m doing the Goodreads challenge this year and my goal is to read 100 books. Last year, without hardly trying, I read 60. I feel like I can definitely read 100 this year.
- Once upon a time, I overwhelmed myself with review books (read: I was a newbie book blogger). I’ve learned a lot about my limits, and I’m trying to make sure to mix my non-review books in with my review books without taking on too many review books. If I find a random book I want to read, I’m going to read it and not worry/feel guilty about the review books in my queue.
- I plan to only request or accept books to read for review that I’m truly interested in. In the past, I’ve taken on author requests out of feeling obligated to do so, even if they weren’t in my genres I like to read. I won’t be afraid to say no anymore.
2019 Goals: Blogging
- I’m starting a newsletter for my blog, and I’d love to have subscribers. Getting a newsletter out monthly and building a readership is one of my biggest goals this year. Also, if you want to sign up for it, click here.
- I’d also love to build my social media following, particularly Twitter and Instagram. It’s one of those things that takes time, especially because I want to connect with people, not just have followers for the numbers aspect. I’ve met so many awesome people so far and I know there’s more of you out there that are awesome new friends waiting to happen!
- And the other biggest thing I want to work on is remembering to stay true to who I am. While my blog is primarily about books, I do also love gardening and chickens and planners and those things may pop up in this blog from time to time. Especially once gardening season comes back around.
Do you have any 2019 goals? What are they?